Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Joshua Tree National Park, Super Moon

JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK
Sandy & I are just starting our week at Joshua Tree National Park at a very nice Cabin, Indian Cove Ranch. The park is literally across the driveway. Very cold and strong winds blew off part of the roof of our hosts house. Rained about an inch over night so there should be lovely flowers when it warms up STARTING TOMORROW! Oh well we need a rest.
    But we (I) lucked out and this morning looked out to a clear sky and the Super Moon about to set behind the red ridges of the Park. Nice morning sun light to permit the rare balancing of light of the moon to the ambient light - this shot is one of MY Bucket List shots! What a thrill to have this opportunity to shoot such an image. So I just put clothes on over my PJ's for layering warmth ( and I did need it) and walked out across the park looking for a good foreground. finding one I shot a range of images including this one (with no foreground except the nice ladder of ridges and clouds rising up to the moon. I will post more shots form this series after I have edited them.
Also got some nice desert Flora shots on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment