Total Pageviews

Monday, September 20, 2010

Amchitka Bomb protest, peace Arch Sept 1971, Bob Hunter


I have copied this usig my 100mm Canon Macro lens from a print of my first (and only) self assignment for Photojournalism taken in Sept 1971 when I was at UBC. Took the bus from UBC with several hundred other protestors to begin the attempt to stop the scheduled atomic bomb test at Amchitka Island Alsaska. I got this shot of Rober Hunter adressing the crowd. He and others went on the first Greenpeace voyage to attempt to get to the test zone. Though they did not make it there, the resulting publicity is credited with stopping future tests at Amchitka, and as such is seen as the beginning of the end of the Cold War. History shows us that Peaceful Protest does work! blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment