Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2012

LEONARD COHEN CONCERT: SUBLIME

11 months ago Sandy and I purchased tickets to Leonard Cohen's Vancouver appearance of his World Tour. And November 12, despite major major major surgery on Oct 23 I had to attend - and I am so glad I did.

I have loved Leonard Cohen since 1968. I credit his genius with communications with teaching me to connect with and understand my own, previously incoherent emotions. He definitely opened the door for me to get a rythm and personal voice for my own poetry.

This man is priceless. He loves and cherishes all of life - for me he emodies and brings to life the Blake quote that I have on my Blog mast head: "For all that lives is Holy; life delights in life."

When you are in the presence of Leonard and his ZEN worship of all that is sentient, you cannot conceive how humans can be so inhuman to each other: war, torture, rape, theft, and all other forms of ugly cruelties.

All we need is Art.  Thank you Leonard Cohen.

No comments:

Post a Comment